Tuesday, February 5, 2013

It's been almost a year and a half since I had my gastric bypass surgery. I'm down to approximately 132 pounds, that's a loss of about 114 pounds. I did get down to 124 at one point but, well... you know how that goes. I didn't really expect to get this low. My original goal was 140 pounds, which was a far-fetched goal at the time I made it. Yay me! Now I deal with other issues. I have zero ass, so whenever I sit on anything without a cushion I'm miserable because I'm sitting bone on chair, floor etc. I never thought that would be a serious issue. I really thought my fibromyalgia would get better with weight loss but, on some days I really believe it it worse. I thought that more weight equaled more pain, but I was wrong. It's just as bad, if not worse. Sleeping is no better either. I hate taking Ambien but, I hate not sleeping for days even more so I take the Ambien. I haven't written in so long, I feel a rush of things to wanting to explode out of my typing fingers! Where to start. Kait is 17 years old now. She got a temporary position at JCP (formally known as J.C. Penny) for the holidays. From October until the beginning of January my baby girl worked very hard earning her very own spending money and she was exhausted but relatively happy, I think. Of course, still lazy as hell, but I pick my battles. She's on the right track to graduate on time, taking many extra classes and getting extra help from a few caring educators at her school. She has her learners permit and since the Ravens won the Superbowl on Sunday, that will be paid for courtesy of a bet won by her Dad. She's still pulling her hair like crazy, but that's nothing compared to some of the other issues like college and driving. That feels a bit more "normal". Clifford is amazing as ever. He works and works and works to take care of us and he does a great job. He has finally got on to day shift so we get to sleep together every single night, although that also means I have to expect a "come on line" every single night as well. Most of the time I simply say "tomorrow" and usually uphold my promise the next bedtime with a little something. I have just dropped Kait off at school. I'm sitting her with the cats and the dogs, watching the news after frantically searching the internet to find this blog! I really thought I had lost it. I have had this overwhelming need to write for a few days now. I feel like if it's on the computer screen it's out of me. That's a good thing, I think. I'm hoping to make it a goal to come here at least once a day and type out the significant thing of the day. So that's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment